Wednesday, February 08, 2006

In the Presence of Fur

I WENT home to cook myself some lunch today because, well, I'm cheap and I wanted rice. After lunch, I indulged in a siesta. Hmmm, when I think of siestas, lazy Sunday afternoons in Angeles City come to mind. Sariwa (pa noon) ang hangin. Our house had a screened terrace so ventillation was more than OK. Dumaguete City also comes to mind. When I was there as a fellow of the Silliman Writers Workshop (1993), most city establishments closed at 2pm for siesta time. The last time I visited Dumaguete in 2003, I remember this wasn't true anymore. Anyhow, I digress. Where was I? A siesta, yes, but here in Duluth...Very weird concept because I also associate siestas with breezy warm afternoons. Today, after lunch, I crept under the comforter and read Time Magazine until I fell asleep. When the alarm woke me up, there were three kitty-cats under the blanket with me. Little Orion, Meowsie, and Rascals. Haha, well, I guess when the heat is off, I'm the only other heat-generating entity in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home