Friday, January 27, 2006

The Longganisang Lucban Project

I saw the following post on a Filipino-American egroups on food.

Re: Pls. send me recipe of longganisang lucban!!!!

From: DAKOTA
Date: 8/24/2003
Time: 11:26:45 PM
Remote Name: 165.228.127.44

Comments:

TANGA...BUMILI KA NA LANG SA SHOP!!!


I am generally disdainful of people who use 3-4 exclamation points instead of just one. But this is a post about longganisang lucban, the most scrumptious, tasty, mouth-watering little sausage I have ever had. My late father wanted me to risk deportation just so I could smuggle these morsels through customs. (I didn't and he did not speak to be for a week). I now wonder why he never attempted to make some himself. Afterall, Las Vegas had its fair share of Asian supermarkets. If there was a heaven, he would be up there eating longganisang lucban for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have taken it upon myself to go where no member of my family has gone before. I am going to make some longganisang lucban. And here in Duluth where there is one little oriental grocery and where Chinese restaurants served bland versions of Chinese-American dishes. No dimsum cart has ever been pushed around here. On the Minnesota NPR, there is a much requested song called "Icky, Yucky, Sushi". Yup, here, in this wasteland of whiteness, I will attempt to make longganisang lucban. It is a feat more daunting than my thesis proposal. But I am going to do it.

I've got the sausage casings, the spices, the ground pork and the pile of garlic heads. I'm thinking of trying a recipe I found in Pinoydelikasi.com.

Abangan ang susunod na kabanata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home