The Anatomy of Four Icky Days
HAVE been feeling wonky since Saturday. This is how it has been:
Saturday
Fever. Took 2 Ibuprofen and slept all day. On and off chills. For dinner, pasta and some kind of roast pork.
Sunday
Feeling fine. Took 2 Ibuprofen just in case. Spent most of the day finishing assignment at the UMD darkroom. Evening came and I had a bum stomach. Chills came back too. C. took my temperature. 100 Degrees F. Took more Ibuprofen, in addition to Imodium. I don't remember what I had for dinner. Maybe chicken.
Monday
Feeling better. Went to class. Spent two hours in the darkroom. Walked to cafeteria to have lunch with C. but felt oddly sleepy and fatigued. Like I took sleeping pills. Willed myself to read thesis stuff after lunch. Ended up going home to doze. Was in the same state of stupor all evening. For dinner, cream of mushroom soup and some of C.'s tortilla chips and cheese. Hot shower, then off to bed early.
Today
Feeling better (again). But feeling weak from all that inactivity. So many deadlines, so little motivation. What do you do when the spirit is not at all willing and the flesh is weak?
Saturday
Fever. Took 2 Ibuprofen and slept all day. On and off chills. For dinner, pasta and some kind of roast pork.
Sunday
Feeling fine. Took 2 Ibuprofen just in case. Spent most of the day finishing assignment at the UMD darkroom. Evening came and I had a bum stomach. Chills came back too. C. took my temperature. 100 Degrees F. Took more Ibuprofen, in addition to Imodium. I don't remember what I had for dinner. Maybe chicken.
Monday
Feeling better. Went to class. Spent two hours in the darkroom. Walked to cafeteria to have lunch with C. but felt oddly sleepy and fatigued. Like I took sleeping pills. Willed myself to read thesis stuff after lunch. Ended up going home to doze. Was in the same state of stupor all evening. For dinner, cream of mushroom soup and some of C.'s tortilla chips and cheese. Hot shower, then off to bed early.
Today
Feeling better (again). But feeling weak from all that inactivity. So many deadlines, so little motivation. What do you do when the spirit is not at all willing and the flesh is weak?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home