Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Snow Fall

Fall Leaf
It is officially winter. Snow has been falling in gusts since last night. When I got in the house yesterday, it was 4 degrees Celsius. Now it is minus 5. The cats have not been themselves. Meowsie was whiny and vocal all day yesterday. Food did not quiet him. Cat nip did not. Even a few minutes of play did not. This morning he was vocal once more. Rascals, Brucie's buddy, has been quieter. Sparks, who likes to have lots of space when sleeping, wedged himself between Chris and I and Rascals last night. I wonder if they have realized that Bruce is gone and is not just on a short stay at the vet. I wonder if it's the weather. It is strange not having Bruce around. I keep expecting to see him curled up on his favorite spots (Rascals has taken over them).

Three inches of snow outside. I'll need to wear my snowpants to go to school today. And boots instead of my sneakers. Wunderground says:

"A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM CST this afternoon.

"Light to moderate snow will continue across northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin through the early afternoon hours today. Additional accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are expected... with a storm total accumulation of 3 to 6 inches.

"In addition to the snow... northwest winds will increase this morning to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. The gusty winds will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow with reduced visibilities. The winds will begin to diminish this evening.

"A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving."
winter sky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home