Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Identify that duck!


Identify that duck!
Originally uploaded by Almondigas18.
Got myself a Canon A95 Powershot :D tee-hee...

Minnesotans are avid bird-spotting people. While driving through the North Shore Scenic Drive (yes, it's called that..and it is scenic.) with my classmates, they are quick to spot owls and hawks and other sorts of feathered creatures perched on trees. And this is while we're going at 60 mph.

I still can't tell what kind an owl is even if it's right under my nose. But I know how greylag geese, mallard ducks, and Canadian geese look like. Very common species, I know. But I gotta start somewhere.

This is a photo of a display window at UMD's Biology Department. Maybe if I look at it everyday for two weeks I can give Duluthians a run for their money in Identi-Duck contests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home