Thursday, August 10, 2006

August is Funky

OI...Reading the news these past few days has been giving me headaches. First, there was Gloria Arroyo's Supermaids idea (hindi talaga ma-take ng kokote ko). Now there's this recent terror threat in London.

I love traveling. I don't like long, transcontinental airplane trips. They numb my butt and make me feel groggy days after the trip. But I bear with these because I like visiting new places. I like the idea that there are other realities out there that are so different from mine. I like incorporating these realities in my world view. I love to watch, to observe, to try different kinds of cuisine and learn about how other cultures spend their days.

But this, this nakakainis na war between the US, Britain et al versus whomever (I'm not really sure anymore who their enemies are). This impaktong pangyayari that affects all other countries na wala namang kinalaman, hay nako. Nakakaimbiyerna.

Two jobs I'm considering applying for are based in DC. This is making me think twice about them. I don't know if I can live with the stress of being in that city. I believe I've said this before. But kung titira din lang ako sa isang maselan na lugar, mas gusto ko pang tumira sa NY.

Ewan ko ba. August has been funky. Maybe it's because it comes before September and going back to school and this being my last semester. Maybe it's because August has Duluth poised over the precipice of winter. I savor the sun and the warmth and dread the cold and the snow that will take over this quiet city once again.

Even my body is whining. Been very good to it by taking walks every day. Even jogging a bit every now and then. But yesterday, my throat felt scratchy and I had a headache for the better part of the morning. Last night, despite careful hydration, I had spells of dry cough. I might have even dreamt about it. Don't want to get sick. I've got so much work to do to prepare for September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home