Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Prairie Home Critique


WATCHED "A Prairie Home Companion" a couple of days ago. Very disappointing. I like the radio show, hate the movie. Too much dialogue, no clear plot progression, and one can't really make sense of that angel walking around the set. If you didn't know about the radio program, you'd hate the movie even more.

Still, the movie had bits and pieces of surprises that saved it.
  • Meryl Streep has a great singing voice! If anything, I'd watch the movie again to hear her sing.
  • After having lived in the US for two years, I can now distinguish some accents. It was amazing to hear the Minnesota "r" from these actors.
  • Loved the riotous Lefty and Dusty jokes
  • I also loved the fact that they featured real local musicians and not just Hollywood actors. Listening to A Prairie Home Companion, you develop a respect for these artists and it's nice to see them on the big screen.
  • Huli man daw at magaling, nakakahabol pa rin. I am now a Meryl Streep fan. I think I'll check out "The Devil Wears Prada".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home