

SLOWLY easing myself into working on my thesis by reviewing photos I took during the Badlands trip. I seem to have taken many photos of my feet. The photo above is somewhere near the Medora look out point. It was the day everyone was on a solo three hour hike. Some people take photos of themselves--extreme close-up head shots with toursit landmarks in the blurry background--for lack of a traveling companion or somebody else to click the shutter. I take photos of my feet. Here's one. Kind of an endorsement of Dr. Scholl's Moleskin pads. Goddddd, the blisters!

Here's one near Cache 2 while I was waiting for my adviser to finish relocating other caches. This was right after I nearly stepped on two snakes. I don't remember now what kind of snakes these were. But since I was alone and I saw two slithering away not quite two feet from me they gave me kilabot.

And finally, for posterity, here's a photo that Paula Pedersen took of me. This was Day Seven of no showers (just swimming in the river, bawal ang soap), occassional dehydration and constant hunger (The students didn't plan the menu well. Too much sugary stuff.). My secret stash of summer sausage probably saved me from bonking. There was nearly not enough salt in the group food stash. So, see the sleepy eyes and the tired smile? Frankly, my foot portraits look better.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home