Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Film, soon to vanish

EVELEN degrees Celsius. Tropical! Want to spend a huge chunk of time outdoors today, but I have deadlines. Dang. Nevertheless, I SHOULD go out for a walk around noontime and get some sunshine. And maybe go for a walk at Bagely around six. Half of the day in front of the lap top and half in the darkroom. Done with rolls one and two for assignment four. Realized I need roll three developed and dried before I even start on some prints. It's going to be a tricky experiment of merging images using an enlarger instead of Photoshop.

***

My suking tindahan First Photo raised the price of a 100 sheet box of Ilford RC Pearl photo paper from $45 to $65. Aba! Nawili! At the UMD arts supplies store items usually are overpriced too, that same box of photo paper is priced at $50. I bought a box tuloy.

This makes me wonder when they'll start overpricing Ilford film. I think black and white film and the darkroom process is here to stay though. It'll just get more expensive. It's colored film I'm wondering about. When will they stop making them? When will they become specialty items? At the UMD bookstore, you can have your rolls of colored film developed and prints made for dirt cheap prices. And when you get your pictures, may kasama pang two rolls of free film. Looks like they're getting rid of the inventory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home