Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Waiting for Lulu

SEVEN in the evening and it's still light out. The sun rises at around 6 a.m. Days are getting longer. The air is warmer. My skin is no longer lizzardly dry. We wait for Lulu the cat to come out of her house and play, and lounge around on her front yard. I hope she's okay. I hope she had a good winter. We don't really know how old she is.

Today I found out that Diane Arbus died by suicide, and why am I not surprised.

There is a big pot of gumbo in the fridge and I don't really want any of it. Seeing all that meat and fat has given me the urge to go back to my no-red-meat diet. If only chicken weren't so boring. If only tofu weren't so crumbly. If only Mother Sachi had a carinderia nearby.

A few days ago, I went for a walk on the beach and a trudge through the woods with my classmates. Lake Superior is so large it sounds like the sea. There were actually large waves. After the beack walk, we trudged through a birchwood area and picked up birchbark for Adriane's basket project. Joy and I peed in the woods. A highly satisfying experience.

A rabbit has taken over our backyard. The squirrels are restless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home