Post-Halloween Post
Halloween was strange. I carved a pumpkin and put it some tealights in it and set it outside on the porch. C. bought some Reese's Buttercups for trick or treaters. The first kid that came knocking was a little girl with her mom, the next one was a little boy with Frankenstein make-up and he was there with his grandfather. I both gave them too much candy. Naaliw ako. I had never done this before. The next knocks were loud. I hesitated before opening the door. They were three young boys with no guardian around. And they grabbed at my candy even before I could give it to them. So rude! Nabigla ako. Another instance of my Duluth-complancency back-firing on me.
After that, C. brought in the pumpkin. We were keeping the last two or three buttercups for ourselves. No more treats from Apartment number 1925.
After that, C. brought in the pumpkin. We were keeping the last two or three buttercups for ourselves. No more treats from Apartment number 1925.



2 Comments:
Did you put on costume?? I was hoping to get some after haloween candy sale but I was so busy during the week, I went shopping at the weekend. None left!! Didn't they have enough from trick or treating? jeez...
Anyway, I wrote my blog in Indonesian and then translate it and put it in friendster's blog... hehe
Hi Cecil!
I put on my funny sun glasses and my cat hat. One of the kids was staring at my glasses. Maybe he was thinking of grabbing them too. Aba! Subukan lang niya ! (Rough Translation: If he tries anything funny...)
One more thing I learned about Trick or Treating in the US is apparently a lot of families bring their kids to the malls for Halloween. All the stores give away so much candy and it's a safer place to be, if you don't mind the mind-blowing commercialization of an already commercialized tradition.
Post a Comment
<< Home