Friday, March 25, 2005

First Ride on Blue Bianchi

Well, I rode my first five miles on my blue Bianchi today :) Very smooth and light. I wish I had this bike during my 2002 Bike Aid tour. It would have been a faster and lighter ride.

I rode up 19th Avenue, took a right on Snelling Street and went straight for UMD--my usual route when walking to school. I decided though, that it would be a getting-to-know-my-bike kind of ride. I had to get used to BB's gears as well as the new seat height (higher, less pressure on the knees). I had to leave my gel seat behind because it raised the seat too high and I didn't want to have to tinker with it. I wanted to be on the road!

So far, so good. Looks like I still know how to bike with cleats on. I only have one little problem with BB. Whenever I pull on the handlebars while turning for example and applu counterpressure on the pedals, I sense a little upward "give" on the handlebar. Hmmm, not good. Perhaps it's because the stem is adjustable? If I don't fix this problem, I will have to have that handlebar replaced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home