Friday, October 29, 2004

Winter Wear Investment

I made my second most major purchases yesterday.

-Synthetic thermal undies
-A toasty stadium coat
-snow gloves;
-and a fleece parka
Might as well face winter in all readiness and with a little bit of fashion.

I guess one thing I am most uncomfortable about since I moved here is that I wear coats and sweaters that aren't really mine or ones I didn't choose myself. I'm touched that relatives and friends sent me some clothes to keep me warm. But somehow I didn't feel quite myself wearing tiger stripe sweaters (my mom), a big sporty blue jacket (my boyfriend's) and a brown bomber jacket (from my mom again). I imagine that once those Lands End purchases arrive and once I am wearing them, I'll feel a little more like myself.

It seems so much of life here in a cold place like Duluth has so much to do about clothes. In the morning, I would have to check the temperature and go outdoors to decide which jacket to wear. Then it would be a good idea to check the weather online to see if I should bring an umbrella or a rain jacket. Kakainis minsan. Back home, it was easier to dress. Kung may bagyo...payong. Kung mainit, short sleeves. Tapos!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home