Bikes & Mallards
Today we went for a walk by the lakeside and we saw a flock of mallards resting by a large hole in the ice near the shore. It looked like mating season had arrived. C. remarked how orange their feet looked and I may have read something about this in "The Year of the Greylag Goose" that this is a sign for that time of the year. Anyhow, after watching a some 20 minutes of duck porn, we walked back to the truck and drove home with thoughts of looking for some Peking duck in the Twin Cities.
I found out just this year that bread is bad for ducks and birds in general because it messes up their digestive processes. Wish there were a way to inform more people about this. As we walked away a while ago, a little girl was walking to the ducks with some bread. Tsk, tsk...
I found out just this year that bread is bad for ducks and birds in general because it messes up their digestive processes. Wish there were a way to inform more people about this. As we walked away a while ago, a little girl was walking to the ducks with some bread. Tsk, tsk...



1 Comments:
Oh man, that is one sweeeeeet bike! Great job, C.! Natsky, I can totally see you complete the expanse of Lake Superior! Start saving for lodging expenses; I think you need all the rest that you can get *every* night to prepare for another grueling yet fun trip! I'll accompany you---driving in a car nearby...he-he-he!
blog's bookmarked,
Cecille :)
Post a Comment
<< Home