Post-Badlands Post
Descending Big PlateauHAVE been home since Tuesday. Duluth seemed greener and warmer. I immediately called C. when the Outdoor Program van rolled into UMD campus. After helping the students return camping gear, I walked home with C., my large pack on my back. I didn't mind. It was light. I only had my clothes and personal gear in it. No more carrying six liters of water and 3 lbs of food and a 3-lb tent with my gear! It was great seeing the cats again, Meowsie looked like he'd been missing me. Poor baby!
I have twice as many pictures of the Badlands than I have of New York. So many stories too. But these may have to wait. I'm still catching up on chores and work that have piled up while I was away. Also, I've started my full time summer student job, which pays me peanuts. But hey, I gotta pay for summer class.
So for the meantime, here are some more photos I took in the Badlands. I had a lot of fun with sepia photos. Found the color mediocre most of the time. But the land was just so commanding that breaking the image down to monotone brought out the dramatic lines and sweeps:
South Unit Overlook
Getting to Know the Prairie
Self-Portrait Near Cache 2
Photo by Tyler



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home